respond to the following statements. You
can respond with a simple true or false and then give a few more details why you feel that
way. Discuss your answers in small groups of four and explain why you gave the
responses you did. Also discuss what you think the novel is going to be about.
1. Sometimes it is ok to lie.
2. Memories play an important part of your life and who you are.
3. It is better to never experience cold or hunger.
4. The past repeats itself.
5. People in society accept things they usually would not if they were on their own.
6. It is better to be part of a group than to be alone.
7. It is better to remain ignorant about some aspects of life.
8. It is better to be in a safe environment and never feel fear.