annihilate primeval subliminal teeming paradox undulate expendable
revoke remit resilient
Words to Own
Complete each of the following sentences by supplying the correct word from the list that best fits the sentence.
On a hot summer day, an ice cream shop may be
__________ with people.
After a driver gets too many tickets, the law
may ___________ his license.
Bug spray will __________ants.
A time that is even older than ancient times is
known as ___________.
You may ____________ payment.
Items that are thrown overboard to lighten a load
A rubber band is ________________.
Thoughts that lie just below the surface are ________________.
If a heavy load is light to carry, that is a ________________.
QAR- Identify the type of question and then write a response.
1. What did the sign
on the wall the read when Eckels first arrived at the Safari Office?
2. a. As Eckels’s hands over the check for $10,000 to the
man behind the counter, what does he ask?
b. What does this scene reveal about Eckels’s character? How do you know?
3. What type of prey is Eckels going to hunt?
4. How does the author define prehistoric?
5. According to Travis, what might be the result of going off the
Path or shooting an unintended animal?
6. What do you think- will killing something in the past change
the future a lot, a little or not at all? Explain.
7. Based on what Eckels says, “I’ve hunted tiger,
wild boar, buffalo, elephant, but now this is it, said Eckels. I’m shaking like a kid.” – do you think his encounter with the dinosaur will be the story’s
climatic event? Explain.
8. a. What causes Eckels to step off the Path?
b. What might be an effect of his stepping off the Path?
9. What is the climax of the story?
10. Why do think Travis forces Eckels to retrieve the steel bullets from the monster’s
11. How does Eckels change the course of history?
12. Do you think this is just an entertaining story, or does it have a serious message?
Explain your answer.